Assistant Quantity Surveyor Job at Leading Construction Firm
A Leading Kenyan Construction firm based in Eldoret – Kenya, with its operations all over the country, is seeking to recruit a suitable KENYAN NATIONAL to fill the following position:
The assistant quantity surveyor will assist in monitoring and controlling expenditure on all the company’s developments by controlling the “cost of sales”, as well as ensuring that all the company’s commercial policies and procedures are adhered to.
The post holder will also advice on controls, the budget as well as dealing with contract procedures and documentation and the quantities administration of construction contracts.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Job Responsibilities
- Taking measurement on site from detailed drawings and preparing bills of quantities
- Pricing bills of quantities to check whether the expected tender will be within budget
- Prepare cash flow projections
- Evaluation of tenders and recommendation Award
- Cost control during implementation by costing change orders(variations) and advising on financial(if any) before implementation
- Preparation of periodic/interim valuations of work done for issuance of certificate of payment by the Architect
- Preparation of final accounts
Qualifications for the Assistant Quantity Surveyor Job
- Diploma in Quantity Survey from an approved institution.
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 years in a busy construction company.
- Should be Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft project, Auto cad, Archi cad will have an added advantage.
- Person Specifications: Multi – Tasking, Self – motivated, energetic, team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by15th September, 2017. Please indicate your salary expectation on your CV.
NB: Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.