Finance Manager Job at Corporate Staffing
Our client is one of the leading Saccos. They are looking to hire a Finance Manager who will be responsible for processing all payments relating to the organization expenditure, processing general ledger transactions and ensuring adherence with statutory accounting policies and guidelines as well as financial policies and procedures and also expected to maintain healthy relations between all the Organization’s internal and external stakeholders.
Job Location: Nairobi
Salary: 130k – 180k
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Ensure preparation of organization financial statements & reports on regular basis and submit to C.E.O.
- Ensure compliance with existing accounting policies formulated by management and International Standards Accounting policy.
- Ensure all necessary reconciliations are done within the set deadlines. The reconciliations will include among others: bank and cash books, debtors, creditors, Sacco shares and inter-departmental advances accounts.
- Coordinate and resolve various issues with banks such as cleared cheque differences, bank fee anomalies, reconciling items and enhancements to online services.
- Ensure that a sound internal control system is in place to guard against accounting errors; ascertain completeness in records and safeguard the organization’s assets against avoidable losses.
- Coordinate with the Chief Executive Officer, FOSA manager and Credit manager for seamless flow of funds at the front office and back office.
- Co-ordinate the organization internal and external audit processes, ensuring document availability, information provision and all the necessary support required.
- Ensure accuracy in postings and distribution of statements not later than 10th after end of every quarter.
- Direct queries from the clients and other stakeholders to relevant officers and ensuring that feedback is promptly given.
- Responsible for customer relations and maintaining the organization’s image.
- Promote an environment founded on Safaricom organization values of Customer focus, Integrity, Reliability and Innovation.
- Act as an advocate for the organization in all dealings with members and staff and present a professional image in all dealings with the public including appropriate dress standards, helpfulness and friendliness.
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
- A Degree in Commerce / Business Administration with an ACCA/ CPA (K) qualification from recognized institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in carrying out finance related functions in a busy office; 2 of which should be in a managerial position.
- Good understanding of the internal policies, systems and procedures of the organization.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spread sheet and database packages.
- Ability to carry out Financial Analysis, Financial projection and budgeting.
- Leadership, Managerial skills, Planning and organizing skills/ quality orientation.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, APPLY HERE before Friday 11th August 2017.