Procurement Assistant, Hotels Jobs at Marie Stopes
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver safe
abortion, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable
women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring
the individuals right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values:
Procurement Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone or central reservation systems.
- Controls costs and to ensure no-shows are eliminated.
- Contributes to initiatives to improve staff satisfaction with hotels stayed at.
- Processes reservations from other departments as they come and give feedback within reasonable time.
- Knows the credit policy of the hotels to avoid problems with bookings.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of booking.
- Prepares letters of confirmation, purchase orders and communicates reservation information to the staff and the hotel.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the concerned staff.
- Understands the MSK hotel booking process and other related information to guarantee reservations and no-shows.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds promptly to enquiries and makes reservations accordingly.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Create and maintain booking records for audit purposes.
- Timely process all hotel payment claims on team and avoid payment backlog.
Qualifications for the Procurement Assistant Job :
- Relevant diploma
- Minimum one year work experience
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills. Fully conversant with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to work with suppliers and build long term competitive supply relationships
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with a detailed CV, contact details of 3 referees including their email
addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a
relative) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 12, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If we do not contact you by September 26, 2017, please consider yourself unsuccessful.