CV’s are what potential employers use to determine whether you are suitable for the position or not. It is, therefore, important that you have a good CV that sells your qualifications and achievements to the hiring manager.
In this article see some tips on CV writing from a professional CV writing expert that will help you craft your Curriculum Vitae in a manner that will boost your chances of landing a job.
Here are some CV writing tips from a professional
1. Check the Format you use
There is nothing that will put off a potential employer faster than a poorly formatted CV.
It is therefore very important that whatever format you decide to use is clear and neat. You should also maintain one font throughout the CV.
The goal here is to have a neat easy to read CV.
2. You need to mention the position held and Duties & Responsibilities
When it comes to work experience some people forget to mention positions they have held and their duties. Just mentioning the company you were working for is not enough.
It is important to make this information clear to the person looking at your CV.
READ ALSO >>> The 3 Most In Demand Skills All CVs Need
3. Check your contact details
This is one of the reasons so many people miss out on opportunities. Before sending out your CV please ensure that you confirm that you have indicated the right contact details.
Some people forget to change the numbers on their CV’s even though they no longer use them. In other situations the email address you have provided is wrong or you no longer have access to it.
Ensure the contact information you give is correct and the recruiter will not have a problem getting in touch with you.
Here is a Sample Accountant CV To Guide You
P.O Box 304 Nairobi
A Finance Graduate who has been awarded for her exemplary performance in Junior Accounting responsibilities in all the firms she has worked for. I have proven myself and demonstrate my abilities, creativity, attention to details, keenness, hard work and enthusiasm for the roles I have been given previously.
I have worked closely with Finance Managers and have gained the required skills and proficiency in handling budgets and financial reports. I am currently seeking an entry level Accounting Job, where I can grow and provide my knowledge and Accounting skills to a company in order to contribute to its growth and success.
Date of Birth: xxx
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant, KCA University
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K)- Vision Institute of Professionals
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, B (Plain), Name of High School, 2000-2003
Registered member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient with word processing, excel spreadsheets, accountancy packages and power point Ability to compile, verify, analyze, interpret and disseminate critical financial data
- Ability to work well with Computerized Accounting, QuickBooks, Sage And Pastel, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Power Point, Ms-Access, the Internet
- Experience of working to tight deadlines with limited resources
- Highly organized, proactive, hardworking, focused, & have attention to detail
ABC Institue, 2008-2011;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Petty cash managements-reimbursements to staff for office expenditure, paying casual staff
- Posting of expenses on to the financial system
- Filling NSSF, NHIF returns
- Payment of suppliers
Company XYZ, 6 Months
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisted in establishing and maintaining cash controls, recruited new clients
- Maintained revenue and expenditure reports, maintained efficient filling systems
- Received and issued cash, established, maintained and reconciled the general ledger
- Monitored cash reserves, prepared and reconciled bank statements
- Issued cheques for all accounts due, assisted in preparing income statements
- Assisted in preparing balance sheets
Significant Work Experience:
Intern-Finance/Accounts Department, Lake Basin Development Authority, 2007
Reading, Youth activities & Community Service
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic and performance.
If you would like to have your CV professionally done you can email email@example.com