Accounts Clerks Job at African Development Bank
The primary purpose of the Banks’s administrative expenses is to provide efficient transaction processing services with respect to the capital and administrative expenses of the Bank and of all bilateral funds.
The Division not only ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with Bank policies but also actively seeks opportunities for savings for the Bank in the management of expenses. Ensure the Banks’s financial rules and regulations are respected and all working procedures are adhered to in processing payments related to administrative expenses.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, The Accounts Clerk, prepare and verify all types of payments and journal vouchers, ensuring observance of policies and procedures. Assist the division in the provisioning of an efficient transaction processing services which include effective controls over all financial transactions to safeguard the assets of the Bank.
Duties for the Accounts Clerks Job
The Accounts Clerk will undertake the following functions:
Payment of per diem
- Receive and review missions /trips created by departments for individual consultants.
- Ensure that information contained in the mission/claims is complete and process perdiem related requests timely.
- Work closely with user departments and SAP Competence Centre to ensure solution.
- Generate accounting entries using the appropriate transaction codes – SAP Travel module, and ensure related Bank’s travel policies are followed.
- Ensure that payment proposal is generated for per diem and advances processed, review the correctness of the bank details, amount and corresponding currencies.
- Follow up all payment proposals submitted for posting to FTRY to ensure they are paid timely.
Processing of Claims
- Follow up all un-submitted mission claims for individual consultants for subsequent adjustment.
- Receive and review claims for reimbursement of mission expenses and ensure that they are approved.
- Check the appropriateness, and sufficiency of supporting documents submitted and ensure they are eligible as per the Bank’s travel policies.
- Verify hotel bills, receipts, boarding passes etc. submitted as justification for reimbursement of mission expenses.
- Apply the latest Presidential Instruction on Missions and Travels in processing mission claims.
- Pass accounting entries for mission claims processed, and entries for refunds to the Bank.
- Prepare accounting entries for refunds to the Bank.
- Ensure the reimbursement to and deduction from individual consultants for all mission claims processed are effected appropriately and timely.
- Prompt processing of requests for payments to firms providing consultancy services, suppliers of goods and services for the Bank’s expenses under administrative budget of the Bank.
- Ensure refund to firms consultants, are in line with the contract and as per the Bank’s procurement and travel policies.
- Ensure that request for replenishment of petty cash funds are appropriately supported and expenses are eligible and pass appropriate entries for timely processing and refund.
- Process requests for payments to interpreters promptly.
follow-up on the progress of payments processed for suppliers, petty cash replenishment, and other external vendors.
- Investigate, follow up and take action for all unprocessed, unpaid and returned payment requests.
- Generate a weekly report regarding all payments processed, rejected and clarification requested for additional information to ensure that payment requests are not omitted and to avoid delays and errors.
- Perform any other assignments as may be delegated.
Accounts Clerks Job Requirements
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a similar position in Financial Multilateral institution or any other similar institution.
- Private Sector experience is an added advantage.
- Analytical skills and ability to work with deadlines and convey accurate information.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative new approaches to handle day-to-day activities.
- Up-to-date knowledge and detailed understanding of current changes and required skills.
- Ability to apply business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Strong client orientation and ability to work in a team and develop strong relations.
- Ability and commitment to ensure that full use is made of the systems, procedures and culture within the organization in order to deliver the required results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English or French. Preferably with working knowledge of the second language.
- Ability in use of the Bank standard software: Excel, Word, Power points; MS projects, Access and SAP would be an added advantage
How to Apply
The African Development Bank group has retained devex to assist with this appointment. To apply, please click on “apply” as displayed on the application page or access through the following link:
This position does not attract international terms and conditions (the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment).