By Lilian Wamaitha
A CV serves as your first contact with the recruiters and so you need to get it right from the very beginning. When writing a CV, according to Ms. Anne Gathoni, a professional CV writer at Corporate Staffing, the important thing is if you tailor it to fit the job description.
“A recruiter has only a few seconds to go through your CV. They need to determine within that time frame that you are the most qualified candidate for that position.” says Ms. Komora.
It goes without saying that if you want succeed in your job search, you need to stand out from the thousands of applicants. Give the recruiter a reason to pick that call and invite you for an interview.
Your CV should therefore be well crafted to fit this bill.
That said, here is a sample CV that you can use when applying for entry level banking jobs.
Find Out >>> Best CV Sample For Fresh Graduates In Kenya
CV Sample For An Entry Level Banking Job
P. O. Box 558- 00100 Nairobi
Tel: 0727 000000
As a Finance professional currently undertaking my Bachelors of Commerce University of Nairobi, I have am currently working as an SME Banker with more experience from an internship with a micro finance institute. This experience has enabled me to develop not only specific experience related to the banking industry but also valuable skills in this dynamic sector. Presently seeking a position in your bank where I can bring immediate value and develop my current skill set further.
Date of Birth: 30th February 1992
Languages: English & Swahili
Educational And Professional Qualification
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Administration and Microfinance), ongoing, University of Nairobi
- Diploma in Banking, Kenya College Of Business; 2011
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, Kericho High School, Grade B+
- Experience in Marketing of loans and analyzing respective financial needs for individual clients
- Sound knowledge of credit and financial products
- Huge knowledge of bank and sales procedures
- Ability to interpret financial requirement for retail clients
- Ability to work according to client expectations
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and obtain results
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in completing all work according to deadline
- Proficient in Ms-Word, Excel, Power point, Publisher, Outlook ,Access, Internet, basic installation & maintenance
- Detail oriented and flexible
CBA Bank, November 2016 – To date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing own sales production performance and implementing corrective actions to achieve target objectives;
- Proactively driving sales through a combination of advertising, customer referrals and viral marketing (word of mouth).
- Contributing to the profitability of the branch by meeting individual sales targets set by management;
- Effectively achieving set sales targets by actively and proactively identifying of opportunities;
- Attending the daily planning and review meetings.
- Ensuring compliance by branches with ABC Bank standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money
- Laundering and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) policies.
- Embed process for Suspicious Activity/Transaction Reporting or escalation in the portfolio branches/units.
EFG Micro Finance Institute, January 2015 – April 2015
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisted customers in transacting.
- Performed due-diligence on documentation and KYC (know your customer) checks before payment of cash to customers
- Prepared deposit slips for the daily banking of cash
- Reconciled cash in hand and system entries as well as daily reporting.
Prepared requests for working float funding from the Accountant via the branch supervisor
- Managed to have an availability of float at all times
- I was voted best employee of the year for giving quality service to clients proven by minimal customer complaints
Interest And Hobbies
- Reading industry publications concerning the banking industry
- Traveling to new places in search of new ideas
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic, performance and / or any other aspect with respect to me:
The difference between getting shortlisted for a job or not, lies on the kind of CV you have. If you want to stand out, which should be you main goal, you need to tailor your CV to fit the job description.
Must Read >>> How Long Can Your CV Be?
The writer is a Communications & Digital Marketing Officer at Career Point Kenya. Got any CV related queries? Leave your comments below or email email@example.com.