Project Officer Job at EGPAF
Through a grant from UNITAID, EGPAF will introduce and scale-up innovative point-of-care (POC) early infant diagnosis (EID) in nine African countries. This four-year project will procure and distribute more than 279 POC EID platforms and 300,000 POC EID tests worth an estimated total cost of US$ 24 million. The Project will enable the testing of up to 300,000 HIV-exposed infants, resulting in increased pediatric HIV diagnosis, earlier initiation of infants on ART, increased pediatric ARV coverage, and improved survival of HIV-positive infants.
The Project Officer – Laboratory will support the implementation of the UNITAID/EGPAF POC EID project in Kenya, with the long term aim of providing quality integrated HIV prevention, counselling, testing, care and treatment services within the Ministry of Health, Private, and Faith Based Sector health facilities.
Under the guidance of the Country Implementation Manager, the Project Officer – Laboratory will work to ensure success of the Project’s agenda of strategically incorporating POC testing into national EID networks through continuous quality improvement, data quality assessments, technical assistance and capacity building to EGPAF Project’s technical staff and health care workers at the national, county and facility level in support of implementation activities.
S/he will provide support to training, supervision, mentoring, coordination, supply chain management, laboratory, quality assurance, M&E and data management components within the Project and at the county and facility level.
Project Officer Job Responsibilities
The Project Officer – Laboratory will be responsible for the following;
- Assist the Country Implementation Manager to ensure ongoing programmatic excellence by providing, facilitating or coordinating high level quality technical, programmatic, and management support to the sites and the county delegation;
- Assist in monitoring program implementation at county level and provide regular updates to the Country Implementation Manager;
- Support elaboration of annual work plans, andbudget planning and monitoring;
- Support development of appropriate county specific systems to ensure consistent high quality program management;
- Assist the Country Implementation Manager in the management of relationships with the Ministry of Health and other partners organizations at county level;
- Support the MOH and the EGPAF Strategic Information and Evaluation team to collect data as needed;
- Conduct an assessment of the POC site during each visit to determine capacity, quality control, quality assurance
- Facilitate training in POC EID sample collection and transport to laboratories performing the test, track results and ensure that results get back to the patients in a timely manner
- Conduct on the job training to healthcare workers on documentation, collection and sample management techniques, how to package, quality assurance, waste management and biosafety, dispatch of results.
- Any other duties assigned
Qualifications for the Project Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Laboratory training with at least 5 years of laboratory work experience
- Diploma in laboratory training with a minimum of 5 years of laboratory work experience
- Registered with the KMLTTB
- Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analyzing reports
- Documented evidence of HIV/AIDS laboratory training as part on continuing professional development
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity
How to Apply
Apply here for the Project Officer Job http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1&rid=1301
Closing date – 20 September 2017