Economic Regulation Internships, Economics Jobs, Energy Regulatory Commission Jobs
The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006. The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) is the National Association representing the State Public Service Commissioners who regulate essential utility services in the United States. NARUC members are responsible for assuring reliable utility service at fair, just, and reasonable rates.
With the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3), the Commission in conjunction with NARUC invites applications for the following position:
GRADUATE INTERN – Economic Regulation
Contract Period: 6 months
Reporting to the Senior Energy Planner, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
Duties for the Economic Regulation Internships
- Assist in preparation of the Least Cost Power Development Plan (LCPDP), Renewable Energy Indicative Plan and Petroleum Sub-Sector Development Plan as an input into the Indicative National Energy Plan;
- Assist in research, energy data analysis and preparation of position papers and reports;
- Assist in design, analysis, review and adjustment of petroleum and electricity tariffs and tariff structures;
- Assist in review and analysis of statutory trading arrangements including electric Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s), network service contracts and petroleum refining, storage and pipeline transportation contracts;
- Assist in reviewing monthly pass through costs (Fuel Cost Charge, Inflation and Forex adjustments) to electricity consumers and maintaining records;
- Assist in collating and analysing other energy data using Regulatory Management Information System (RMIS);
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Economic Regulation Internships Qualifications
- The best graduate or post graduate FEMALE student in Economics from a Kenyan University (Attach the University’s recommendation letter).
- The applicant to have graduated after June 2015.
- A minimum of B+ in KCSE.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Efficient and organized with good attention to detail
- High Integrity level
How to Apply
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your application quoting the email subject; USAID/NARUC Women in Energy Regulation Internship Program via email to email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday , 19th September 2017.
Note: Please email ONLY the following documents at this stage; One-page Cover Letter, CV, Degree Certificate and Recommendation Letter from the University.
No other testimonials will be required until interview stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Interns will receive a modest stipend.