The goal of HRH Kenya project is to strengthen human resources for health systems in Kenya both at the National and County levels and ultimately improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people. In order to strengthen its team, the project is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
To provide support to the Kenya office accounting function through management of the General ledger records; compiling monthly accruals; processing and posting month end adjusting journals; compilation of periodic project expenditure reports and management of Duty & Tax exemption processes.
Project Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ensure timely submission and review of travel advances issued to staff and Regional Float accountabilities.
- Compile accruals in relation to all unpaid obligations at month end
- Prepare adjusting journals for month-end accruals for approval and posting to the Accounting system.
- Generate Adjusting Journal Vouchers (AJVs) for all approved Travel Reimbursement Forms (TRFs), Regional
- Floats and other forms of accountabilities.
- Co-ordinate field financial reporting process to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial reports.
- Ensure the General Ledger is up to date in relation to AJVs for approved Travel Reimbursement Forms (TRFs), returned monies and other forms of accountabilities.
- Manage the Duty and Tax exemptions process and ensure compliance with the organizations’ policies and donor regulations.
- Compile the monthly DA1 monitoring register and the Annual VAT Report.
- Oversee the management of the petty cash adhering to laid down policies and procedures.
- Prepare Bank reconciliations and submit for review and approval.
- Provide support in compilation of various donor and internal management finance reports.
- Manage the Receivables accounts to ensure completeness and accuracy.
Requirements for the Project Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- At least four years’ experience in busy accounting department.
- Previous exposure and experience in USAID rules & regulations.
- Experience in donor funded organization is required.
- CPA 111 qualification.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Excel is required.
- High integrity, honesty, initiative and team-player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is October 8, 2017. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted