Human Resource Manager Jobs at Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Ref No. KIMC/HRM/1/2017
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is the oldest Middle Level media training Institution in Kenya established in 1961. It is currently a State Corporation established through Legal Notice No.197 of 2011(amended).
The Institute offers training at Post Graduate, Diploma and Certificate levels in Communication and Cinematic Arts.
Reporting to the Deputy Director Finance and Administration, the Human Resource manager is the Head of Human Resource Management Division.
Human Resource Manager Job Responsibilities
- Designing, advising and implementing effective HR strategy, policy and systems of the organization;
- Making proposals on Human Resource Planning and succession management;
- Coordinating Training Needs Assessment for the Institute staff;
- Interpreting and implementing Human Resource Management Policies, rules and regulations including those relating to pensions, salary administration, Labour Laws and other statutes that impact on the Human Resource;
- Promoting overall organization effectiveness through enabling work environment.
- Analyzing staff performance and career progression and making appropriate recommendations;
- Analyzing the utilization of the Human Resource in the Institute and advising on proper deployment.
Qualifications for the Human Resource Manager Job
- Served in the grade of Chief Human Resource Management Officer or its equivalent in the Public Service or its equivalent in the Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: social sciences, human resource management, industrial relations, business administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Business Administration;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development Programme;
- Be a member of a professional body;
- Show merit, integrity and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of Service.
The salary for this position will range from Kshs.81, 387–123,731 per month exclusive of allowances.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road (South b), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. BOX 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 18th September 2017