Training Coordinator Jobs at Canary Bird
Purpose of the role:
The Training Coordinator is responsible for the design and delivery of training for SciDev.Net, its partners and projects. Around 80% of the Training Coordinator’s time will initially be spent developing the curriculum and courses for a new science communications programme, working with academic and media partners in Kenya and Nigeria. The resources the Training Coordinator will develop are aimed at SciDev.Net’s audiences, including journalists, researchers and development practitioners, and deliver internal capacity support, alongside exploring the sustainability of training
Training Coordinator Job Requirements
- Training development and delivery
- In conjunction with the Managing Editor, lead the implementation of a strategic approach to training delivery, quality and effectiveness for SciDev.Net and partners.
- Develop online and face-to-face resources to support capacity building activities, including ‘Practical Guides’ and Training of Trainer support guidelines.
- Work as part of the project team to deliver a training hub for a science communications project, including the development of online training modules and webinars.
- Deliver capacity support activities, principally through face-to-face settings but extending to remote mentoring.
- Work with programme staff to set clear quality standards for all SciDev.Net capacity building activities.
- Work with monitoring and evaluation staff to develop and implement tools to evaluate impact of training activities.
- Explore options for building sustainability around SciDev.Net training activities.
- Work closely with other members of SciDev.Net staff to share learning internally and externally.
- Represent SciDev.Net at external meetings and conferences.
- Contribute to the overall development of SciDev.Net strategy, including actively identifying opportunities for collaboration with other programme areas.
- Ensure the values of participation, partnership, sustainability, social responsibility, cost effectiveness, transparency, accountability are reflected in your work
- Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Qualifications for the Training Coordinator
- Teaching/training qualification or equivalent expertise developed through professional experience.
- Degree related to journalism or science.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An enthusiastic and creative approach to work.
- Interest in science, technology and development issues.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current trends in adult learning, pedagogy and training quality.
- Knowledge of training design and delivery.
- Excellent training skills including course development, planning and facilitation skills.
- Project management skills including planning, and prioritisation of tasks.
- Experience of working with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience of working with journalists in science related genres (environment, technology, health etc.).
- Willingness to travel.
- Broad knowledge of online learning design and current innovations in learning technologies.
- Experience of teaching or training in a developing country context.
- Experience providing mentoring support (including remotely).
- Experience of training in French, Spanish or Arabic.
- Experience of working in accreditation model training schemes.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. It is expected that the post holder and CABI will adopt a flexible attitude and accept that the duties may have to be varied according to circumstances, in particular changing corporate requirements and individual development needs.
How to Apply
To apply please send a covering letter detailing how you meet the candidate profile and a full CV quoting Job Reference 32-2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state where you saw this advertisement.
CABI is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or marital status. No applicant will be disadvantaged by conditions which cannot be shown to be justified and selection will be based on merit.
Closing date: 25th September 2017