Budget County Budget Coordinator Jobs at Office of the Controller of Budget
Reporting to the Chief Fiscal Analyst – County Governments, this position is responsible for analyzing the performance of the County government budgets and preparation of periodic and
special reports. Qualified persons from Embu, Kajiado,Turkana, Kericho, Kirinyaga, Makueni,Samburu and Wajir Counties are encouraged to apply.
County Budget Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Day to day running and management of the County Office;
- Analyse the performance of County government budgets;
- Organize public participation programs to disseminate information on budget implementation in the counties;
- Prepare monthly reports on withdrawals from the County Revenue Fund;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and special reports on implementation of the budgets of the County governments;
- Monitor and analyse monthly expenditure returns from the County government in order to analyse and report on county funds utilisation;
- Verify supporting documents for withdrawal of funds from County Revenue Fund and process all requisitions for withdrawals;
- Analyze county government budgets by sector, sub-sector, economic classification, programs and projects;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by Chief Fiscal Analyst – County Governments
Qualifications for the County Budget Coordinator Job
- Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or its
- equivalent from a recognized university;
- Must have at least Certified Public Accountant Part II (CPA-II) or its equivalent;
- Must have at least three (3) years relevant work experience from a reputable organization;
- A Masters Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Public Finance Management Act, 2012.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the
envelope and the cover letter.Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide falseinformation and documents in the job application.
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of budget not later than 26th September, 2017 at 5.00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.