Business Development & Communications Paid Internships at One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund is looking to place a cohort of paid interns and fellows in several departments in 2018.
For twelve to twenty-four weeks (January to April/January to July), interns and fellows will work on impactful projects, receive mentorship from organizational leaders and provide support to One Acre Fund’s operations.
Interns and fellows will be given substantial work assignments and asked to produce high quality deliverables. Opportunities may be available in the following departments:
The Intern tells the story of One Acre Fund’s smallholder clients to donors, supporters and the world.
Interns and Fellows are valued members of the One Acre Fund family and we are looking for the best of the best – less than 1% of applicants will be placed.
We ask all staff to take a “Farmers First” attitude and approach their work with humility. Specific projects may change with the needs of the organization.
Business Development & Communications Internship Eligibility
This program is designed to provide meaningful work opportunities for East and Southern Africa’s brightest young professionals. You are eligible to apply for this opportunity if you meet the below criteria:
- You will be a university graduate (first degree) by January 15, 2018.
- You can speak and read English fluently.
- You hold citizenship or work authorization in Kenya
Qualifications for the Business Development & Communications Internship
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for several competitive positions.
No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Citizenship in Kenya– you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport or your national ID card
- Exceptional recent college graduate or young professional
- Strong work experiences. Examples include part-time or full-time jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application)
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply