Senior Health Systems Advisor Job at Intrahealth
The goal of HRH Kenya project is to strengthen Human Resources for Health (HRH) systems in Kenya both at the National and County levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people. The project is looking for a suitable candidate to develop the health systems and, devolution portfolio for one of the partner government institutions Senior Health Systems Advisor (HSA)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the partner institution and, Chief of Party, HRH Mechanism, the Senior Health Systems Advisor will support functions for improved HRH management and effective service delivery.
The Advisor will harness strengths across teams and, coordinate affiliates of the government institution with PEPFAR and, other bilateral and multi-lateral funding streams to attain the partner’s health strategy and work plan targets in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, RMNCAH and malaria.
Health Systems Advisor Job Responsibilities
She/he will provide technical assistance to the partner government institution to:
- Develop and implement its health strategy and work plans (aligned to MTP III and MTEF) and, accompanying M&E frameworks and, strengthen health systems with a focus on leadership, management and governance; public financial management / health care financing; HRH; supply chain management and, information systems including use iHRIS.
- Promote the advancement of community HSS, adherence to health statutory and legal requirements and, set health standards and, guidelines.
- Mobilize technical, programmatic and operational resources and expertise to meet specific health needs and, build strategic partnerships and, alliances to support HSS including HRH.
- Strengthen engagement with key constituencies such as health development partners, health trade unions and, inter-governmental forums in health to improve health workforce performance, increase production of health workers through such initiatives such as Afya Elimu Fund (AEF) and, absorption of AEF graduates.
- Initiate health research agenda; adopt harmonized approaches in health program implementation and, facilitate documentation and dissemination of best practices across the counties.
- Provide and/or coordinate HSS capacity building activities for the secretariat, health staff and, public service boards at the national and county levels.
- Strengthen the institution’s oversight role in health including HRH and strengthen government partner coordination with PEPFAR, private sector, faith-based organizations, other bilateral and multilateral funding streams.
Qualifications for the Health Systems Advisor Job
- At least a Master’s degree in Health Systems Strengthening (HSS), Public Health, Health Policy, Human Resources or a related field.
- 10 years’ experience managing and implementing programs relating to HSS, in depth understanding of bilateral and multilateral donor health programs (eg. Global Fund, PEPFAR and, USAID) with demonstrated success serving in an executive or senior leadership role.
- At least 7 years of working experience in providing technical assistance to public service organizations, more so, with the various arms of government such as national treasury, devolution and planning and, ministry of health.
- Thorough understanding of Kenya healthcare system including emerging health needs and opportunities, with an orientation towards HSS interventions.
- Strong diplomatic and, negotiation skills with vast experience in strengthening inter-governmental relationships and, working with senior government officials including Cabinet Secretaries.
- Record of accomplishment in successful building of strategic alliances, networks and, relationships and, creating and leading high-performing and adaptable teams across the counties and, demonstrated hands-on experience in training, mentoring and coaching young professionals.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please click here to apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1028/JobBoard/1d765a7f-4823-414a-a59e- 6a9594afba10/?q=&o=postedDateDesc. Closing date for applications is October 27, 2017.