TV Programmes Manager Media Jobs at KBC
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio and Television services.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positions with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the TV Programmes Manager will be responsible for developing and managing suitable program content for the Corporation’s Television channels by making sure that programming is undertaken in line with the Corporation’s public and commercial broadcasting mandate in order to enhance effective competition in the market niche.
In addition, he/she will be responsible for the day to day running of KBC TV Channels with an emphasis on growing audiences while repositioning KBC to compete effectively while ensuring that it remains steadfast to its role as a Public Broadcaster.
Programmes Manager Job Responsibilities
- Planning, co-coordinating and controlling the production and operation of TV channels
- Initiation, formulation and implementation of Televison Programme policies.
- Initiation, interpretation and implementation of National Policies and Commercials through Television Programmes
- Developing attractive program schedules to ensure growth in audience and maintaining required high quality services
- Consistent identification of communication solutions, needs and opportunities for the TV channels
- Working with local and international partners to provide a wide spectrum of programming and arranging for co-production with other organizations
- Driving growth through acquisition of new programs and retention of existing programs by implementing effective retention plans
- Managing the implementation of all promotional/programming activities of the TV channels
- Participating in high level engagement/presentation at Board and Management level to foster good relations and aid in faster decision making on schedule proposed
- Preparing reports on statistical indicators on the performance of the TV channels as required
- Managing, directing and evaluating the performance of a team of producers, programmers and designers to follow through the departmental strategy
- Advising the Corporation on all Television Programme matters.
Qualifications for the Programmes Manager
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication, Broadcast Journalism, Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Professional Requirements
- Diploma in TV Production, Mass Communication or Broadcast Journalism.
- Minimum Experience
- Ten (10) years working experience in a broadcasting/media environment
- Must have served in a managerial position in TV production/programming for three (3) or served as a Sectional Head or its equivalent for at least seven (7) years in a reputable broadcasting/ media organization
- Must be conversant with contemporary and future trends and dynamics of broadcast media industry
- Good leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills
- High integrity and ability to work without close supervision
- Must be computer literate.
How to Apply
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 31st October, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position; and names /contact information & email addresses for three (3) referees.