Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Early Learning School Teachers to fill 2018 vacancies in its Tatu City Primary School whose construction begins in April 2017.
We are seeking dynamic individuals who wants to empower students with a different learning approach using the Kenyan system. This is an opportunity to help create a transformative school model with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life.
Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration.
Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About The Role
We are hiring Primary School Teachers to oversee the daily learning for Primary school students within a teaching team.
You will be required to participate in, and lead where appropriate, extra-curricular programmes in the school and assist in planning and organising of school events and functions (e.g. inter-house competitions, concerts, school plays, and award evenings.)
Roles for the Early Learning School Teachers Job
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan activities that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children
- Develop scheme of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum
- Schedule stimulating and learning activities for the children
- Prepare teaching aids to facilitate children learning
- Devise games and activities, and also provides playing equipment, and ensure the playing facilities and equipment are clean and safe
- Supervise the children as they learn and play
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Requirements for the Early Learning School Teachers Job
- You have a strong, demonstrated passion for education and young children
- You have experience teaching early learners and exposure to montessori learning
- You have strong classroom management skills.
- You have an understanding of and passion for inquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You have a team player mentality – enjoy working in teams and group problem-solving.
- You care deeply about personal growth.
- You have 1-3 years of teaching experience
- You are a qualified (or qualifying) teacher with an ECDE and P1 diploma or a combination of both.
- You are licensed by the TSC
How To Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply here :http://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/lD1KQokNUJ/Early-Learning-School-Teachers
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
Working At Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than at most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary.
We offer consistent and ongoing professional development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!).
We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.