Data Analyst Job at World Vision
The position of Regional Disaster Management Data Analyst and Visualization Specialist will provide support to the East Africa Regional Office in developing information management tools,
design and implement software solutions and implement relevant GIS activities in compliance to both internal and international standards, facilitate humanitarian learning across the region, and provide assistance to the region’s humanitarian knowledge management.
Data Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Facilitate the collection of relevant information and data from key WV NOs, humanitarian partners, including Clusters, representatives of national governments, UN agencies, donors, local and international NGOs, in order to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data between humanitarian partners, and manage the creation of appropriate information products for decision-making and humanitarian response;
- Lead the collation of baseline data sets. Compile and disseminate these, in particular demographic and vulnerability data, in different formats
- Maintain databases based on existing templates (or develop if necessary, including user-friendly menu access and reports) to support humanitarian operations. Utilize skills to design relevant information management publications through tools such as InDesign
- Ensure that inventories of the information management systems, tools and products of the EARO office and, where possible of other key humanitarian partners and perform and supervise reference functions by advising internal and external users on holdings and accessibility, and assisting in the administration of access and declassification activities
- Deploy as necessary to national, regional and global responses
- Carry out any other additional responsibilities as required.
Qualifications for the Data Analyst Job
- Minimum of a Degree in a relevant data science field or a related field of study.
- Requires at least 3 years of work experience in data analysis and visualization.
- Very strong experience and training in MS Excel and other DB software.
- Strong experience and training utilizing graphic design software (InDesign or eq).
- Strong empirical knowledge of the humanitarian sector including humanitarian charters, laws, standards principals, and ability to mainstream leading cross-cutting themes.
- Empirical knowledge of information management systems
- Proven track record for infosheet and information sharing tools design
- Requires cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Strong ability to facilitate appropriate information flow and coordination amongst a complex range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have a clear understanding of major donors’ perspectives, requirements and standards and the ability to represent WV to major donors and other external stakeholders in a highly professional manner.
- Strong commitment to WV’s vision, mission and core values
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply here