NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Database Administrator IT Jobs at CBA Bank
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Maintenance and development of all databases, storage, backup and recovery infrastructure and other related systems (40%)
- To ensure projects, incidents, problems and escalations are dealt with according to defined set of policies, processes, procedures and SLA’s. (30%)
- Effectiveness of integration of database and storage strategy / blueprint with the bank’s business direction (10%)
- Effectiveness of the databases and storage security (policy, controls and infrastructure) with regard to protection against exposure to and impact of risks associated with data loss, corruption
and/or unauthorized access (20%)
Qualifications for the Database Administrator Job
- Organization development to effectively plan ICT Databases, Storage, Backup and Recovery
infrastructure and support for optimal performance.
- Knowledge and experience in modern practices for ICT Databases, Storage, Backup and
- Recovery architecture and operations in medium to large banks to provide guidance on quality improvements and strategic changes
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations
(internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Technical skills to effectively perform or guide performance of Databases, Storage, Backup
and Recovery systems design and operations activities/tasks in a manner that consistently
produce high quality of service.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures
and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Professional qualifications in IT e.g. ITIL, OCA, OCP, OCM, Other relevant professional qualifications in IT field would be added advantage.
- Project Management certification and experience is preferred e.g. PRINCE2, PMP
- Five years’ experience in databases and storage support in medium to large organizations.
- Working experience in a bank or other financial services organization would be added
- Management of Third party support providers
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates to apply here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It's Free.