Applications Architect Jobs at Co-operative Bank
We are looking for a seasoned applications architect with a knack for end-to-end proactive technical design, code review and application testing, a gritty never-say-die doer who relishes challenges, is dynamic, resilient, creative and highly motivated.
If you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment, then the Applications Architect position within The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the perfect opportunity for you to scale new horizons.
The role holder will be involved in technical design, coding of review of new applications, running application tests and providing technical documentation relating to the applications developed within the unit. The role holder will also be tasked with the responsibility of evaluating application technologies and make best-case recommendations for the developers to use.
Applications Architect Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the design process for internally developed applications from product design to testing as well as modifications.
- Provide solutions in areas of disaster recovery, data integrity and security by evaluating and recommending software technologies in these areas, analyze problems with data infrastructures and evaluate alternatives.
- Provide documents relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures relating to each product developed.
- Work closely with the solutions architect, software developers, systems analyst and other team members to ensure successful production of the application software.
- Offer viable solutions technically for various systems and architectures to different types of businesses requirements.
- Review applications developed by the internal team and recommend best approaches required for optimized solutions.
- Ensure seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data structure and integrity.
Qualifications for the Applications Architect Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, related discipline, or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in planning, design, software development, implementation and maintenance of applications as well as experience in Java solutions (Apache Wicket, Tomcat/Jetty, GUICE/Spring, Solr, Webservices/Jersey/REST/Spring).
- Very strong analytical, presentation & problem-solving skills with the ability to work confidently on high priority problems and present technical ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Experience with at least one JS framework/Libraries – React, Angular, Vue.js, Ember, JQuery, JQWidgets, Bootstrap.
- Knowledge and Experience on Integrations with a reputable Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Excellent understanding of SQL database fundamentals (for MSSQL, Oracle etc.) and other programming tools and languages in C#, ASP.NET, MVC, HTML/CSS, XML.
- Skills in unit testing, automated deployment processes, and continuous integration and ability to communicate software and system design architectures using tools like Visio and UML.
- General awareness of the banking industry ICT operations and security procedures.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation and Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Customer Centric
How to Apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number AA/SSD/2017 by 28th November, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.