Traffic Services Job. Kenya Civil Aviation
KCAA SCALE 5 REF: ANS/ATS/01/17
Department: Air Traffic Services (ATS)
Reports To: Director Air Navigation Services
Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure Housing and Urban Development Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Job Opportunities Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation (amendment) Act 2002 which was later repealed and replaced with the Civil Aviation Act No. 21 of 2013.
The Authority which has a mandate “to develop, regulate and manage a safe, efficient and effective Civil Aviation System in Kenya” and a vision “to be a model of excellence in Civil Aviation” is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment:
To ensure the efficient administration of Air Traffic Services in Kenya in accordance with ATS policies, standards and procedures.
Traffic Services Job Responsibilities
- Developing, reviewing and implementing policies, standards and procedures for efficient operationswithin the department to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Investigating operational complaints and irregularities within the department and collaborating in the investigation of accidents and incidences.
- Ensuring proper deployment of staff in the department.
- Conducting regular performance reviews of staff in the department to determine training and development needs and ensure the highest standards of performance and conduct are being adhered to.
- Recommending changes in personnel, equipment, communications, Airspace and operating positions.
- Preparing and implementing the department’s operational plan and budget to achieve targets in line with the ANS strategy.
- Liaising with the planning and development team to identify improvements to the ATS airspace plan, systems and equipment.
- Maintaining Safety Management System within ATS.
- Acting as National Search master coordinator.
- Maintaining close coordination with airspace users and other departments as may be necessary.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Director Air Navigation Services.
Qualifications for the Traffic Services Job
- A degree in an aviation or other relevant field from a recognized university
- A Master’s degree in an aviation related field from a recognized University will be an added advantage.
- Air Traffic Control license endorsed with 3 Ratings – Aerodrome, Approach Procedural or Area Procedural, and either Approach Radar or Area Radar Control ratings.
- Training in Management and Leadership.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior role related to air traffic services.
- Management of ATS Unit for at least 5 years.
- Proven experience in people management.
Knowledge and skills
- Extensive knowledge of the Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations and ICAO standards
- Working Knowledge of International Air Law Practical knowledge of air traffic control procedures,
- Knowledge of trends in the Aviation Industry. Knowledge of Safety Management Systems in ATS
- Knowledge of Search and Rescue procedures including COSPAS-SARSAT and emerging trends.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 31st October2017. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke/about-us/careers The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House -JKIA
P. O. Box30163 –00100
NOTE: All applications to be submitted in hard copy, either by hand delivery or through postal address as indicated in the advert Soft copy applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.