Consumer Protection Officer II Job at Kenya Civil Aviation
KCAA SCALE 9 – REF: CCM/05/17 1 POST (ONE YEAR CONTRACT)
Department / Section: Corporate Communication
Reports To: Senior Consumer Protection Officer Job Purpose To ensure the interest of consumers of aviation services are promoted and protected.
Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure Housing and Urban Development KENYA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY JOB OPPORTUNITIES Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation (amendment) Act 2002 which was later repealed and replaced with the Civil Aviation Act No. 21 of 2013.
The Authority which has a mandate “to develop, regulate and manage a safe, efficient and effective Civil Aviation System in Kenya” and a vision “to be a model of excellence in Civil Aviation” is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment:
Duties for the Consumer Protection Officer II Job
- Enforcing policies, regulations and procedure relating to the rights of Consumers as well as interpreting/explaining legislation.
- Undertaking surveys to establish the level of aviation consumer satisfaction with service providers in the industry as well as compiling statistics.
- Coordinating consumer protection issues and ensures that there is compliance with the laid down code of practice
- Handling formal and informal complaints from members of the public as well as utilizing the automated complaints Management System to achieve this goal
- Overseeing the implementation and periodic review of the KCAA Service Charter
- Handling airport facilitation issues Conducting ad hoc surveillance of airlines and airstrips.
- Analyzing pertinent data on consumer protection issues and provide reports.
- Preparing and distributing publicity materials and displays.
- Handling formal and informal complaints from members of the public regarding aviation consumer issues
- Providing information to the public on pertinent consumer issues.
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the Senior Consumer Protection Officer from time to time
Consumer Protection Officer II Job Qualifications
- At Bachelor’s Degree in social science such as commerce, economics, law or any other aviation related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in aviation law or Air Passenger handling
Senior Management course;
- At least 3 years’ experience in aviation industry;
- Proven experience in management and people skills
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of national and international Consumer Policies and Regulations on air transport
- Knowledge of ICAO conventions and IATA procedures and practices on international air transport
- Knowledge on the operation of the civil aviation industry in Kenya
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 31st October2017. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke/about-us/careers The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House -JKIA
P. O. Box30163 –00100
NOTE: All applications to be submitted in hard copy, either by hand delivery or through postal address as indicated in the advert Soft copy applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.