Property Management Officer Job. Kenya Civil Aviation
KCAA SCALE 7 REF: HR/ADM/03/17 -1 POST(TWO YEAR CONTRACT)
Department Human Resource & Administration
Reports To: Chief Administration Officer
Physical Management of property, including regular maintenance and repairs
Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure Housing and Urban Development KENYA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY JOB OPPORTUNITIES Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation (amendment) Act 2002 which was later repealed and replaced with the Civil Aviation Act No. 21 of 2013.
The Authority which has a mandate “to develop, regulate and manage a safe, efficient and effective Civil Aviation System in Kenya” and a vision “to be a model of excellence in Civil Aviation” is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment:
Property Management Officer Job Responsibilities
- Overseeing the assets owned, leased and sub-leased by KCAA; Developing and implementing assets management strategies, policies and plans;
- Managing and monitoring activities of assigned properties and real estate projects;
- Formulating and implementing maintenance programmes
- Preparing work plans and budgets;
- Ensuring effective planning and work scheduling of installations, testing and commissioning of equipment;
- Ensuring effective preventive maintenance for buildings and installations
- Ensuring compliance with repair and maintenance specifications and standards;
- Verifying and confirming up with bills of quantities and costing of materials;
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory agency requirements;
- Ensuring projects goals are achieved in a timely manner;
- Preparing reports and draft legal real estate documents;
- Maintaining a database of all KCAA assets/ properties;
- Negotiating, implementing and monitoring of various assets programs;
- Developing and updating an assets register;
- Determining the feasibility of assets for acquisition and disposal.
- Preforming any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Administration Officer.
Qualifications for the Property Management Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Program lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- At least 6 years’ working experience as a Property Management Officer in a reputable institution, three (3) of which must have been in a senior position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Computer applications skills;
- Good analytical and diagnostic skills;
- Knowledge of property laws in the country
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- High integrity and confidentiality; and
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 31st October2017. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke/about-us/careers The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House -JKIA
P. O. Box30163 –00100
NOTE: All applications to be submitted in hard copy, either by hand delivery or through postal address as indicated in the advert Soft copy applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.