Assistant Legal Manager Jobs at KCB Bank
Reporting to the Legal Manager, Risk & Compliance, the position is responsible for assisting in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of compliance activities of the Company with established law and regulation.
The job holder will assist in ensuring the Company is up-to-date with any existing, proposed or new legislation and that the compliance requirements to be met by the Company are in compliance with legislation.
Assistant Legal Manager Job Responsibilities
- Provide support in ensuring that each subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze and disseminate the compliance requirements of existing, new and/or revised laws and regulations. Provide advice in relation to compliance matters as contained in the legislation.
- Conduct internal compliance audits and examinations to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with relevant subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
- Formulate legal compliance checklists and matrixes to be used for undertaking legal compliance reviews to ensure compliance by the Bank.
- Conduct legal risk analysis and provide legal support for new and ongoing Bank projects.
- Provide legal support in research, drafting and review of Bank policies, product terms and conditions.
- Prepare appropriate legal risk reports for use by management.
Qualifications for the Assistant Legal Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- At least 3 years’ post admission experience in dispute resolution/litigation
- At least 2 years’ experience in legal drafting
- At least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our career portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 10th November, 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable