Compliance Manager – Investor Services Legal Jobs at KCB Bank
Compliance Manager Legal Job Responsibilities
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Review industry rules and regulations, (CMA, RBA, CBK) circulars including practice notes and provide guidelines for operationalization in the business.
- Review all contractual documents (Trustee Agreements, Custody Agreements, Trust Deeds, etc.) and Service Level Agreements with counterparties ( Brokers, Fund Managers, Administrators, CDSC) for completeness and ensure that the Bank’s interest is adequately covered and documents properly executed by the parties.
- Continuously monitor changes in the regulatory framework and ensure that the Bank’s Custody and Trustee Services contractual documents, policies and procedures are up to date and comply with those changes/ reviews.
- Review industry regulations for new products and provide guidelines for operationalization in the business.
- Provide continuous training / engagement to the business team and other stakeholders on regulatory issues pertaining to the Custody & Trustee Services business
- Maintain good business relationships with all industry regulators.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with on-going licensee obligations, conduct obligations, record keeping and reporting obligations
- Undertake compliance checks and make compliance reports to management. (Checks on Trustee Services, CDA Services, Custody Services, and Facility Agency).
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements (CMA, RBA & CBK) within the stipulated timelines.
- Conduct surprise checks to monitor and ensure adequate operational control standards are in place
- Drive the integration of the regulatory changes into the Unit’s operational procedures.
- Confirm annual AML compliance documentation is received and reviewed.
- Monitor the Unit’s Risk Register and KRI’s.
- Review and confirm that all risks (Credit, Market, Legal and Operational risks) affecting the business have been identified, assessed, and controlled.
- Monitor and ensure timely lodgment of applications for renewal of Custody and Trustee Services business licenses and payment of regulatory levies.
- Review all complaints lodged by clients and counterparties and recommend action to address the weaknesses in the internal systems that led to the action causing the complaint.
- Ensure adequate and relevant business continuity plans are maintained and tested regularly.
Qualifications for the Compliance Manager Legal Job
- University Degree preferably in Law or in a Business related field from a Recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in ACCA / CPA (K) / CPS (K) / AKIB or MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Services Industry with strong biases towards Capital Markets / Retirement Benefits Sector / Trustee Services & Facility Agency Services
- 3 years’ experience in compliance monitoring & reporting obligations as per CMA, RBA & CBK regulatory requirements; 2 years’ of which must be in a managerial role
- Good understanding of various Sectors, products & services within Corporate Banking, including the market trends & challenges.
- An appreciation of Risk Management and knowledge of Internal Controls in Investor Services.
- Team player with demonstrated work ethics; consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
- Effective prioritization skills to meet a complex set of business demands and demonstrate delivery against multiple objectives.
- Assertive, self-motivated with desire to succeed in a fast-paced financial services environment.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 17th November, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable