ICT Systems Analyst/Developer Job. Kenya Civil Aviation
KCAA SCALE 8 REF: ICT/06/17-4POSTS(ONE YEAR CONTRACT)
Department : Information Communication and Technology
Reports To: Senior Systems Analyst
Job Purpose To analyze, develop, maintain and support software solutions as per KCAA needs
Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure Housing and Urban Development KENYA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY JOB OPPORTUNITIES Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation (amendment) Act 2002 which was later repealed and replaced with the Civil Aviation Act No. 21 of 2013.
The Authority which has a mandate “to develop, regulate and manage a safe, efficient and effective Civil Aviation System in Kenya” and a vision “to be a model of excellence in Civil Aviation” is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment:
Duties for the ICT Systems Analyst/Developer Job
- Working with departments to analyze functional business processes and design specifications;
- Developing design documentation including logic flow charts and system architecture diagrams;
- Translating detailed design to computer software
- Testing (creation and implementing of test plans. Conducting module and system testing to ensure accurate results and optimal performance), debugging and refining the computer software to produce the required product.
- Enhancing existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for modification;
- Maintaining documentation on internal and external (if necessary) to application source code that will best support future maintenance;
- Preparing required documentation, including both system-level and user level documentation.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects;
- Working closely with other staff, such as project manager user departments graphic artists, UX designers, other developers systems analysis;
- Training and supporting users during new systems deployments.
ICT Systems Analyst/Developer Job Qualifications
The successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field;
- Certification in systems analysis or systems development or software engineering or software quality assurance or database development.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in systems development and analysis Practical software development experience and knowledge of at least 3 years using Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, modern application frameworks, modern application design principles and design patterns.
- Previous experience in AJAX and Tele risks/Kendo UI tools
- Previous experience implementing 3rd party applications/systems
- Previous experience in project Management, using collaboration tools such as JIRA; Previous experience with server side Web Technologies Experience with Web standards like HTTP,JSON
- Practical experience with MS, SQL Server or Oracle (ability to write Stored Procedures) and Visual Studio.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and experience working with relational databases;
- Strong organization and communication skills with an attention to details;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Ability to demonstrate initiatives as a motivated “self-starter”
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software
- Ability to train and hand hold users when rolling out new systems.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 31st October2017. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke/about-us/careers The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House -JKIA
P. O. Box30163 –00100
NOTE: All applications to be submitted in hard copy, either by hand delivery or through postal address as indicated in the advert Soft copy applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.