Planning & Recruitment Chief Human Capital Officer Job. Kenya Civil Aviation
KCAA SCALE 6-REF: HR/02/17 1POST
Department / Section: Human Resource & Administration
Reports To: Manager Human Capital & Administration
Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure Housing and Urban Development KENYA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY JOB OPPORTUNITIES Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation (amendment) Act 2002 which was later repealed and replaced with the Civil Aviation Act No. 21 of 2013.
The Authority which has a mandate “to develop, regulate and manage a safe, efficient and effective Civil Aviation System in Kenya” and a vision “to be a model of excellence in Civil Aviation” is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment:
To develop, review and update organization structures and manpower plans and to monitor and evaluate the recruitment and succession management processes.
Planning & Recruitment Chief Human Capital Officer Job Responsibilities
- Initiating, planning, coordinating and overseeing all staff recruitment; selection, placement; succession; retention and separation plans.
- Assisting line Managers with the reviewing and updating of their organization structures, manpower numbers, job descriptions and staffing levels;
- Processing recruitment requisitions in liaison with user departments;
- Identifying, proposing and implementing recruitment and selection processes;
- Liaising with functional Managers to develop and implement recruitment, and succession plans.
- Coordinating with training department to plan for appropriate manpower development programs;
- Linking recruitment processes and succession planning with performance management.
- Contributing to staff rationalization strategies and optimum staffing plans to ensure operational efficiency;
- Developing and maintaining an integrated planning and recruitment database;
- Performing any other official duties assigned by the Manager Human Capital.
Qualifications for the Planning & Recruitment Chief Human Capital Officer Job
- A degree in Human resources management or social sciences such as Business Administration; Organizational Development and Management, Labour Management or Education from a recognized university;
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management;
- Possession of a relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in good standing. Experience
- Five (5) years’ experience in HR management, three of which must be in a senior position in a comparable organization.
- Generalist HR background is an advantage Knowledge and skills
- Understanding of the linkage between performance management, recruitment, selection methods and succession planning.
- Knowledge of trends in the labour market and Labour Laws.
- Ability to prepare recruitment, succession, and manpower plans,
- Working knowledge of HR management information Systems Proficiency in office suite.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 31st October2017. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke/about-us/careers The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Aviation House -JKIA
P. O. Box30163 –00100
NOTE: All applications to be submitted in hard copy, either by hand delivery or through postal address as indicated in the advert Soft copy applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.