Quantity Surveyor Jobs at Lamu County
Job Group ‘L’ (1Post)
Terms of Service: Permanent &Pensionable
Requirements for the Quantity Surveyor Job
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in building economics/ quantity surveying.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- Must be a registered member of the Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK) or Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK);
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Quantity Surveyor Job Responsibilities
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and / or the client;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work:
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- Perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costing for tender;
- Allocate work to subcontractors;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports:
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
How to Apply
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates.
- Valid Clearance Certificate of Good Conduct, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Lamu County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 536-80500
- The applications should reach the County Public Service Board Office on or Before 8th December, 2017
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.