Have you tried writing a CV then felt like you had nothing to write? This happens to people who do not have work experience.
Not to worry, there is a way you can navigate it and get that internship you badly want.
Internships are meant for learning purposes, therefore, all you need to impress the employer is your willingness to learn at the same time skills that will add value to the company.
For you to come up with the best CV that will ensure you get the internship you want, you need to dedicate your time to write it. Tailor each section to meet the satisfaction of any employer so that they can be impressed enough to want to meet you for an interview.
Here are is a step by step guideline on how to write a CV for an internship without experience.
1.What is A CV and Who Reads It?
Before you start writing a CV for an internship application, understand what a CV is. This will make you realize that a CV is meant to
market you by showcasing your skills and achievements. Knowing the person who reads it is equally important since then you will
know that employers are very busy people and receive a pile of CVs day in day out. This will, therefore, propel you to write a resume
that is clear and precise.
- Format and Structure – There are different formats one can use while writing a CV. The one you choose should be able to present your content in the best neat way possible. When I say neat, I mean your CV should be nicely and professionally done with simple fonts and black color. Make as simple as it can be.
- Profile- This section should be an attention hooker! If you want to get that internship, make this part of your CV very interesting while incorporating your skills. Since you have no experience, use the skills you learned at school.
Talk about your education, your career objective, soft skills and relevant skills in summary. You should minimize soft skills though
because everyone has them rather focus on the relevant ones.
3.Core Skills and Achievements
When writing this section of your CV for an Internship application, indicate the impressive achievements in a point form.
4.Hobbies and Interests
As unimportant as it might seem, this section of a CV will help you a lot given you have no experience. Talk about your sports pursuits
at school mention a work-related skill you learned in the process.
Sample CV For An Internship Application In Kenya Without Experience
P. O. Box 715 – 00100, Nairobi
A dedicated Accounting Professional with a Bachelors degree in accounting option from XYZ University. I have gained knowledge in
preparing financial reports, accounting and financial management standards, preparing accurate and timely reports and general
ledger operations. I am seeking an internship with a well respected firm where my accounting knowledge will be utilized. I am
committed to developing my career path as an Accountant and to expand on my work experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Detail-oriented, efficient and outstanding knowledge in accounting systems and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data
Educational & Professional Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Part II, ABC, April 2015
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option), XYZ, 2014
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, Name of School, 2010
Mwea Consulting Limited January 2016– Present
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing reports and organizing clients’ information as well as ensuring reconciliations are done correctly and stayed within budgets by staff
- Preparing and mailing confirmations of the balances owed by the client’s customers, observing the physical inventory count
- Maintain an organized and well documented and sequential filing system for all payment and petty cash vouchers
- Proved to be one of the top employees who submitted reports on time
- Achieved an appreciation certificate for ‘Excellent Customer Service’ while working with the company’s finance team
Data Entry Assistant
Akiba Microfinance Institution- July 2014 to October 2014
Duties And Responsibilities
- Entering data information in the Computer hence keeping a record on all individual debtors
- Providing detailed interpretation of analysis in the analysis report which may include presenting finding in graphs, chart etc
- Assist in the timely compilation, aggregation and generation of weekly, monthly and quarterly data reports
Interests And Hobbies
Volunteering at social events, writing and Traveling. I learnt the value of team work and and also importance of individual effort.
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic and performance
1. Name, Title, Contact address & email
2. Name, Title, Contact information
3. Name, Title, Contact.