By Perminus Wainaina
The “I’m stuck in my career” feeling is one you may have experienced. But have you ever wondered why you are stuck in your career?
Some of the reasons include;
- You have been doing the same job for years even though it is not your passion
- Job duties that have become monotonous
- Your salary has remained unchanged
- You have no motivation to keep working due to reasons such as lack of benefits, hostile working environment or even poor leadership
At the end of the day, instead of your job feeling like a blessing, it begins to feel more like a curse.
Things You Are Likely To Do When You Feel Stuck In Your Career
1. Accept your situation as it is
At this point, you have become complacent at your job because you have accepted the status quo. Even though you are stuck, you have decided to accept your situation because you are not willing to quit or look for another job.
Another reason may be the feeling that if you leave your current job, you will not be able to get another one.
2. Look for a new job
Here you begin the job hunt in earnest! You are always logged on to career websites looking for new opportunities with promising packages. Also, you take time off your current job to go for interviews.
This in turn leads to unproductivity in your current job because a lot of time meant to be utilized in the office is being used to apply for jobs.