Executive Administrator Job at Aga Khan Hospital
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001: 2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay and Kapsabet Counties, with plans to spread to Bomet and Migori counties. To achieve its robust growth plan the Hospital seeks to recruit professionals for the following position:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the Executive Administrator will provide an efficient and responsive secretarial services, office administration, organizational, and logistical service to the CEO, and support to manage and prioritize service delivery and timeliness.
The role will also be key to enabling the CEO to concentrate on strategic aspects of the Hospital, and will require someone exceptionally well organized.
Executive Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the Chief Executive Officer diary
- Facilitating Senior Leadership Team meetings including sending invites, booking rooms, organizing teleconferencing, collating agenda, minute taking and recording and tracking of actions.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the CEO to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the CEO meetings with direct reports and the committees and groups to which the CEO is a member.
- Facilitate travel and logistical requirements in liaison with others and ensure arrangements in place for the CEO match his/her expectation.
- Ensure the CEO is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements she is Involved in. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the CEO.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO including the drafting of general replies.
- Minute general meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the CEO.
- Keep and retrieve confidential files for the CEO Office
- Ensure guests meeting with the CEO are well taken care of and provide service that is in line with the CEO work habits and preferences.
Requirements for the Executive Administrator Job
- Degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Higher Diploma in Secretarial Services is a mandatory requirement
- A minimum of four years’ experience to the role of Personal Assistant or Executive Secretary.
- A background from within a Health Institution and a fast paced customer facing environment will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and communication both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Bright, confident personality, well presented and highly personable
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organize office workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
- Be aware of Quality, Health and Safety standards: along with a high understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet .Previous experience of working in a role requiring discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Sensitivity to the management of company and personal confidential information.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 22nd December, 2017.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.