Quantity Surveyor Job at Lamu County
Requirements for the Quantity Surveyor Job
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in building economics/ quantity surveying.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in the relevant field;
- Must be a registered member of the Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK) or Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK);
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Quantity Surveyor Job Responsibilities
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and / or the client;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work:
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- Perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costing for tender;
- Allocate work to subcontractors;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports:
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
How to Apply
Lawn County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 536-80500
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board Office on or Before 27th December 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Valid Clearance Certificate of Good Conduct, HELB, Credit Reference Bureau, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Kenya Revenue Authority KRA Tax Compliance
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope.