Action Against Hunger (AAH) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since May 1992. Currently, AAH is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security, livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
Logistics Internship Responsibilities
AAH Somalia is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Logistics Intern to be based in Nairobi. The role reports hierarchically & technically to the Deputy HoD Logistics – Nairobi.
The Logistics Interns’ core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Contribute to maintain the mission supplier database up-to-date & to nourish it from existing contracts, as well as market surveys;
- Update the LINK (ACF SCM ERP) database under the supervision of Deputy Head of Logistics;
- Contribute to improve the reliability of the PFU, and its dissemination amongst operational teams;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of procurement documentation as detailed in AAH KitLog logistics manual;
Stocks & deliveries:
- Support the transportation means review, and handle market survey if needed under the supervision of Deputy Head of Logistics;
- Organize the cargo export process from Nairobi to the field;
- Support the logistics staff for periodic inventories, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of stocks & deliveries documentation as detailed in AAH KitLog logistics manual;
Fleet, transportation & fuel management:
- Supervise the daily vehicle movement plan & maintenance follow-up;
- Support fleet reviews, and fleet prospects under the supervision of Deputy Head of Logistics (market surveys, fleet analysis, etc.)
- Support the implementation of user friendly tools for movements & maintenance planning;
- Support the preparation of Nairobi & consolidation of field Monthly Motorized & Generator asset report under the supervision of Deputy Head of Logistics, with logistics teams;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fleet & transportation documentation as detailed in AAH KitLog logistics manual (logbooks, maintenance sheets, administrative authorizations, insurance cards, etc.).
- Support assets review, and physical inventories;
- Review & strengthen the Monthly asset follow-up per project code, budget line, with a clear location & user for each asset; investigate and document any loss or damage.
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of asset documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (registration cards, etc.).
Logistics Monthly Report (MLR):
- Consolidate, review & cross-check the overall consistency of all logistics MLR reports from each field office;
Cross-check real data with MLR reports under a random strategy;
- Integrate internal & external audits recommendations into the monthly MLR review, as well as regular reviews;
Upon request support logistics operations:
- The Logistics Intern might be requested to replace Supply Logistician in case of his/her absence, under close supervision of the Deputy Head of Logistics; or to support emergencies, high workload periods, or any specific situation that would require an unusual workload in logistics. In case of Deputy Head of Logistics’ absence, the Logistics Intern will support the continuity of all logistics processes, under close supervision of the Head of Logistics.
Qualifications for the Logistics Internship
- Graduate or Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and creatively;
- Knowledge of local language and/or Somalia experience an asset;
Conditions & Benefits:
- As per organizational Internship policy.
How To Apply
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 12th January 2018 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line: ‘Logistics Intern – Nairobi – AAH Somalia’.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply