The internal Auditor will ensure assets protection by planning and completing financial audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls; recommending improvements.
Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities
- Plan financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Assess compliance with relevant regulations and legal requirements by studying existing and new security legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Complete audit paper work by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicate audit progress and findings by providing information to management highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers and preparing final audit reports.
- Improve protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes.
- Support external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Provide financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protect organization’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization.
Qualifications for the Internal Auditor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA (K) / ACCA and a member of ICPAK will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years audit experience in transport or motor service industry
- Strong business acumen and an ability to identify audit issues arising from commercial transactions.
- Strong analytical skills, team player, ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
- Proficiency in MS office suite of package, accounting systems knowledge and familiarity.
- Good understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and Procedures
How to Apply
If you meet this qualifications and would like to join our team of professionals, kindly send your CV to email@example.com indicating the job title as the subject of your email before the end of day 20th January 2018.