Contract Duration: Three Years Subject to 3 months’ probationary period
Reports to the Food and Beverage Supervisor
Responsibilities for the Kitchen Supervisor Job
- Provide Assistance to the Food & Beverage (F&B) Management in all Menu preparations, Kitchen rules, service standards, cleanliness and inventory control for F&B.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained in the restaurant
- Implementation of quality management systems procedures and file all records and documents.
- High quality food production that meet stringent standards and consistently maintained
- To ensure that high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained
- To ensure that stocks used for production are accurately accounted for.
- Work closely with the Supervisors to plan menus that would attract and retain customers
- To ensure efficient service delivery is maintained in the kitchen
- To ensure food variety is provided and it meets every customer’s expectation and specification.
- To ensure that kitchen equipment and crockery is properly maintained.
- Supervise, set targets and appraise all kitchen staff
- To develop and demonstrate proper use of standard recipes
- Analyzing cost margins and control costs of production
- Identify training needs of cooks and other kitchen staff
- Ensure world – class customer service is provided
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
Kitchen Supervisor Job Qualification
- Diploma in Food Production or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience as a Head Cook/Chef in a busy 3 to 4 star restaurant
- Ability to guide and supervise staff
- Must be conversant with food and beverage cost control and accountability
- Other certificates relevant to the job i.e. kitchen supervision will be an added advantage Computer literate
- Minimum C plain in KCSE
- Innovative and quality conscious
- Good food presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure& long hours
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before December 8, 2017 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.