Business Development Officer Job at Sanergy
Sanergy is looking for a qualified Business Development Officer to join our Business Development team on a full- time basis.
Who we are: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
About the role: The Business Development team seeks and manages the partnerships that support the strategy and growth of the organization.
The Business Development Officer’s role will be to support the Business Development team in raising funds and developing partnerships to meet organizational strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities for the Business Development Officer Job
- Seek and analyze strategic funding opportunities: Generate leads, identify co-funding partners, analyze opportunities, pitch ideas and develop internal stakeholder buy-in to go after opportunities.
- Raise funds: Craft strong business rationale and a tailored message to Sanergy’s partners and funders and identified leads. Communicate strategic initiatives and vision to inspire and convince partners to support us financially and technically.
- Develop partnerships: Develop leads for partnerships in line with strategic initiatives. Support leadership in building networks and strategic partnerships, especially locally.
- Report to and keep partners engaged: Gather information from operational teams, prepare narrative reporting and liaise with partners with regular high quality updates.
Business Development Officer Job Qualifications
- Strong writing and good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in grant proposal and reporting writing a must.
- Knowledge of the sanitation sector is a plus.
- Ability to work independently to move deliverables forward
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humor
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
How to Apply
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter and your 3-page resume/CV.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for submission of application is 31st January, 2018.