Social Worker Jobs, Social Science Jobs, Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust Jobs
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organisation operating in rural Rarieda sub-county in Siaya County. The organisation began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development. We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the following 2 vacant positions i.e.
Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.
Provide quality, comprehensive OVC support i.e. health, education, psychosocial support, economic opportunity, shelter, nutrition, HIV prevention, Social and legal protection, Economic Strengthening e.t.c
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Conduct needs assessment for individual OVC and recommends necessary care and support.
- Make referrals and follow up of OVC under support through home and school visits.
- Network with other partners to ensure child welfare, wellbeing and survival in the community.
- Lead and ensure proper distribution of one-time relief services to children in need.
- Work with health department to advice on the social issues affecting child health and recommend a care plan for the necessary therapy.
- Work with vulnerable families and economic empowerment team to assess and advice on social economic needs of the families.
- Maintain child documentation and profiling for all the OVC in the program.
- Manage and maintain a profile of donor funding to individual families in need.
- Assist the households to come up with a quarterly budget and make follow ups to ensure that the households are incurring expenditure as per the stipulated budget.
Ensure effective and quality communication between children and their respective sponsors through;
- Writing ‘thank you letters’ after receiving a gift e.g direct family funding if and when received.
- Writing a Child Status Progress report on a quarterly basis.
- Sending a Christmas gift annually.
- Developing a school lists for all school going children at all levels.
- Assist in any other communication need between the sponsors and the OVC.
- Develop and manage a child profiling system for donors.
- Ensure child participation in special events like; the day of the African Child, world Malaria day, World Aids day, clean up exercises amongst others.
- Train the OVC on different life skills areas and supervise their progress.
- Identify challenges that the OVC may be experiencing and identify possible solutions.
- Assist to carry out holistic empowerment of the OVC.
- Ensure all caregivers are registered in community financial inclusion and savings groups where they abide by the groups laws and undergo continuous capacity building.
- Properly maintain parent/guardian group lists
- Writing monthly status reports.
- Complete the home visits records as well as OVC information and submit the same to your respective supervisor.
- Assist in Coordinating, monitoring and supervising the implementation of OVC activities.
- Write and analyze the field reports before submission to the supervisors.
- Attend meetings whenever called for and participate with opinions and ideas.
- Assist in taking note of programs inventory as well as items issued out for use.
- Ensure all child related records are updated and neatly filed.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support, for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the management from time to time and which are geared towards achieving the overall goal of the program and RWMT.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- At least a Diploma/Degree in any Social Science disciplines focused on Community and Child development.
- At least Three (3) years relevant experience in a similar position.
Specialized Training / professional Qualifications
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Access
- Records Management Training
- Data management packages
- Keen attention to detail with analytical skills to the variances and trends.
- Have knowledge working with children in poor conditions.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
- Must be a person of integrity
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to the program/community dynamics
- Must be able to collect accurate and timely information from the assigned households
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to, email@example.com by 16th February 2018.
cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.