CV Format, Hotel Jobs
To land a job in the hospitality industry, you need to prove that you have the necessary skills and an exemplary personality that is required of all hospitality professionals.
It therefore calls on you to have a well written CV that puts you on the competitive edge ahead of fellow job seekers in this equally competitive field.
Employers in the hospitality industry seek to tap into the highly experienced professionals to fill the vacant positions.
But what happens when you have little experience say less than 3 years? Can you still land a job?
The answer is yes. It doesn’t matter if you graduated yesterday or have been working for the last five years. As long as you package your skills and experience well, that job can be yours.
Here is the best sample CV for hospitality jobs that you can use.
Sample CV For Hospitality Jobs Today
P.O Box 132-00900
Date of Birth: 17th August, 1992
Languages: English, Kiswahili
Education And Professional Qualifications
- Diploma In Hospitality Management, Nairobi Institute Of Business Studies, 2015-2016
- Certificate In Computer Packages, Trans-Ian Computer and Secretarial College, 2013-2014
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education C + (Plus), Masomo High School, 2009-2012
A highly talented and hardworking individual with close to 2 years experience in hotel industry, currently looking for a job in a busy hotel. I intend to bring on board my knowledge in hospitality industry gained from training and practical exposure at some of the leading hotels in Kenya. With my hard work and pleasant personality, coupled with skills in providing the best waitress service such as preparing tables, handling glassware, escorting guests, I am confident that I will deliver world class service without compromising on quality and professionalism.
Key Professional Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of current trends, systems and practices
- Highly computer literate with good interpersonal skills, marketing/PR skills and good leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, achievement orientated, innovative, Assertive, strategic thinker
- Ability to conduct audit and well updated on best practices across different categories
- Ability to understand complex situations and analyze systematically to reach solutions
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, among others
- Quick and attentive to customers and their orders
- Well groomed, disciplined and honest at all times
- Able to remain calm under pressure and problem solve accordingly
- Self-driven leader with strong networking, motivation and team building skills
ABC Hotel, 2014- Present
- Taking orders from customers for food or beverages
- Checking with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their
- Collecting payments from customers
- Preparing checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes
- Removing dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and took them to kitchen for cleaning
- Cleaning tables and/or counters after patrons have finished dining
- Explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Preparing tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware
- Performing food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee
ABC Hotel, March 2013-September 2013
- Assisted in ensuring dining areas are clean and orderly
- Took customers payments and give back correct change
- Listened and responded to guests’ requests or complaints
- Delivered excellent customer service, at all times
- Assisted in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy, at all times
Cooking, Reading, Doing charity work
Please feel free to contact any of the following to find out more about my work ethics and performance.
1. Name of Referee
Contacts (Phone and Email Address)
2. Name of Referee
Contacts (Phone and Email Address)
All the best in your applications.
Must See >>> How To Write A CV: Tips For Kenyan Job Seekers
Lilian is a Communications Officer at Career Point Kenya. Email her at email@example.com for any queries.