By Lilian Wamaitha
What does it take to get an accounting job fast?
How do you move past the saturation in the accounting field to be who the employers are looking for?
The answer is experience – the ability to perform a task.
As it turns out, you may have your degree, your CPA or CPS and still not get a job.
Because in today’s competitive job market, employers have moved past the paper-qualifications and are now looking for someone who can actually do the job.
Yes, you have theoretical knowledge needed but there is no where you were taught the practical bit of accounting in class.
Does this describe you?
- You have attended so many accounting interviews only to end up in the same place alone, jobless, desperate and wondering what you did wrong or what you are lacking.
- You are a qualified CPA holder but lack experience and because of this you just can’t seem to move past the jobless state or advance in your career.
- You work in an accounting department but you are not exposed on how to file statutory payments.
- You want to learn how to file VAT, P.AY.E, N.S.S.F, N.H.I.F, withholding tax and other statutory obligations on I-Tax.
If any of this describes you, then this practical accounting training is just what you need.
Why should you care about this training?
You should care because in just 5 Days, you will join over 150 accounting professionals who have already been equipped with the necessary practical skills that employers are looking for.
In ONLY 5 days you will learn;
- How to input entries in QuickBooks
- Online Payroll processing – how to file payroll statutories including P.A.Y.E, N.H.I.F, and N.S.S.F
- I-Tax V.A.T returns – how to prepare V.A.T and Withholding tax returns (W/tax)
- How to accurately prepare year end statutory accounts
- Filing of the corporation tax return
- How to prepare a set of management accounts
- How to write a CV that sells your skills and qualifications in only 30 seconds
- How to answer general interview questions and those specific to accounting
Three decades ago, with a degree, CPA or CPS certificate, you were assured of a job immediately.
Fast forward today, the accounting profession is so saturated that whenever there are open accounting positions, employers are always faced with a large pool of CVs to choose from.
Most times the candidates are qualified to almost the same level and this makes it harder for recruiting managers during the selection process.
For this reason, employers end up using the little details such as practical accounting skills to pick out candidates for the interview stage.
You too can be among the accounting professionals already thriving in their careers. You can get that job from the word go.
But all this depends on how pro-active you are and your desire to have more than just a piece of paper that shows you are an accountant.
Join our next cohort of qualified accounting professionals by signing up for the October morning or evening classes.
Click here to book your seat for this crucial and timely training and to learn more about the charges and the course outline.
See you in October!
NOTE: Spaces Fill Up Very Fast. So Reserve Your Seat Now!