ICT Director Jobs, ICT Jobs, TSC Jobs
Advert Number: 201811C1
Deputy Director-ICT (Systems Innovations And Development)
Reporting to the Senior Deputy Director ICT, this position is responsible for systems administration, security and efficient operations of all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the systems team
- Advice the management in all aspect of systems development, acquisition and deployment
- The design/analysis, development, delivery and ongoing improvement of all Systems Integration processes
- Evaluate systems/business processes, procedures and performance areas that need process improvements.
- Work closely with Vendors, ICT and Commission staff and other stakeholders to identify automation needs and assist in defining software systems functional requirements.
- Analyze the entire ERP/Application system (application, Database and Operating System) performance to ensure optimal operational levels.
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification.
- Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical ERP system and other core applications systems for the organization.
- Undertake business application/ERP tests in controlled environment before introduction of new solutions in the production environment.
- Provide leadership in systems implementation team/ developers to ensure optimal Software/hardware sizing to application in order to guarantee service availability and enhance performance.
- Conduct continued analysis of the ERP by running systematic tests at random intervals to confirm there are no bugs or security violations Control and monitor all system operations that affect business.
- Develop system reports and act as a liaison between business and external developers on systems development related issues.
- Provide leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate them.
- Evaluate and monitor performance appraisal of staff
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Distributed Computing Technology or related software development fields from a recognized university.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Information systems or related field in software development from a recognized university.
- Professional ICT qualifications e.g. CCNA, CISM, CCNP or any other certification course from a recognized institution.
- Very proficient in at least two of following programing language; PHP, Python, Java, C++
- Experience with software design and development and developers team leadership.
- Ability to learn new software development languages and technologies
- Working experience in mentoring junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Professional certificates related to software development and database management e.g. MCSD, Oracle, PHP
- At least 10 Years continuous experience in systems development with team leadership skills
- Must have served in TSC scale 12 or an equivalent position for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Strategic Leadership Development Program from Kenya School of Government will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate Leadership, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Must meet the requirement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Basic Salary: 137,460 – 167,098
- House Allowance: 45,000
- Commuter Allowance: 14,000
- Leave Allowance: 10,000
- Medical Cover: Comprehensive Medical Scheme
How to Apply