Ref No. CAK/04.11/2018
- Investigating restrictive trade practices (agreements / concerted practices and abuse of dominance) and drafting investigation reports;
- Carrying out economic analysis of RTPs and conduct specific market inquiries; Evaluating applications for exemptions and drafting reports;
- Compiling intelligence on restrictive trade practices in the market; Participating in awareness creation;
- Assisting in drafting of concept papers on the development of guidelines on restrictive trade practices (agreements, abuse of dominance and exemption applications);
- Participating in RTP cases hearing conference and settlement agreement hearings where necessary;
- Implementing cooperation frameworks as appropriate; and
- Implementing the policies and Quality Management procedures to enable the Department function effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines :- Economics, Law, Business Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have five (5) years relevant work experience in competition Law or any other related field;
- Investigations course on evidence collection and analysis of not less than a week; Good Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills; Analytical skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are advised to submit their applications to:
Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Or; Email: email@example.com
or; log into the Authority’s Recruitment Portal https://jobs.cak.go.ke:802
or; Drop Point: Kenya Railways HQ’s, Block “D” ground floor,
The application shall include:
- Application letter;
- Detailed CV;
- Copy of National Identification Card;
- Certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; and
- Names and contacts (telephone and e -mail) of three (3) professional referees.
Applications close on 26th November, 2018 at 1700hrs.
Only applications with all the required attachments will be considered. The Competition Authority of Kenya is “An Equal Opportunity Employer” Women, persons with disabilities and persons from minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.