Database Administrator Job at Karatina University
GRADE 8: KarU/HR/DBA/2018
- Administer the modules of the different departments in the ERP Microsoft Navision 2017 system
- Customize, support and maintain Microsoft NAV applications on C/SIDE environment using C/AL programming and SQL 2016.
- Sustaining database security and integrity of data by assigning rights and privileges of users.
- Perform daily Backups and periodic recovery using SQL Server Management Studio 2016. This includes developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans for client and server machines.
- Software Installation and configuration of databases and test environments as well as documenting
- Sustaining database security and integrity of data by creating users and assigning permissions based on the level of access on the database
- Performance Monitoring and database tuning on the indexes and queries
- Troubleshoot various problems that arise and fix the issues; Document major changes to the servers
- Create and maintain SQL queries
- User training and supervision of ICT applications related activities in various departments
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security and ensuring that they are addressed
- Installing and Upgrade of new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make it fit for purpose, in liaison with the developers/ vendors.
- Facilitate Service Level Agreement (SLA) negotiations for external technology deliveries
- Working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and SQL Server 2012 Report Builder 3.0 in designing the needed reports in the Development system and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by a senior officer
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field from a recognized institution
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience from an institution of higher learning or a large commercial enterprise.
- Any other professional qualifications will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present, post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 18th December, 2018.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.