General Manager Infrastructure Development Jobs, Engineering Jobs, General Manager Jobs, KPA Jobs
General Manager, Infrastructure Development Job at Kenya Ports Authority
Our client, Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in the transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders to fill the below position
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager, Infrastructure Development will be a member of Executive Committee and will be responsible for control and coordination of capital works projects and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership in the preparation and implementation of projects and major capital development plans;
- Responsible for the management of contractors involved in civil, building works and electrical works within and outside the Port, including advising on civil works rehabilitation or replacement of infrastructure and on the technical feasibility/costs as well as timing implications for the development of marine and shore facilities;
- Provide overall strategic leadership and direction for the development and review of operating policies and procedures;
- Oversee the preparation and development of divisional budgets for the infrastructure division and exercise control on expenditure; and
- Monitor the progress on the implementation of major capital works undertaken by contractors, including, costs, completion schedules and quality assurance for the division’s projects.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s and and Master’s Degrees in any of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or Business related field from a recognised university;
- Be a Professional Engineer, registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with a valid practicing certificate;
- Hold valid membership to the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than nine (9) years of relevant work experience with at least five (5) years served in managerial/leadership role(s) in significant organisation(s) with similar complexity as Kenya Ports Authority;
- Ability to manage complex projects; and
- Experience in port, shipping and maritime logistics is an added advantage.
How to Apply