Job Group ‘N’
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of senior land surveyor or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum of 3 years;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Land Surveying and Photogrammetry, Geometric, Geomatic, Engineering, Technology in Geomatics, Technology in Geo-informatics, Geo- spatial engineering, philosophy in technology (survey), from a recognized institution;
- Senior Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Affiliate /associate membership of the institution of surveyors of Kenya (ISK);
- Certificate in computer applications; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability.
An officer at this level will be responsible for the following duties:
- Carrying out national and international boundary and hydrographic surveys, gravity and magnetic analysis, astronomical observations;
- Establishment of Very Long Base Interferometry (VLBI);
- Supervising gravity and magnetic control observations and computations, cadastral, adjudication, topographical, sub-divisional schemes, photo control, engineering surveys;
- Carrying out quality control of topographical, engineering, cadastral, adjudication and general boundary surveys; and
- Maintaining, testing, calibrating and certifying survey equipment
How to Apply
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- Copies of clearance certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Criminal Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti — Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional bodies.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Lamu County Public Service Board
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 21st November, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply