Job Group ‘N’
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Have served in the grade of Chief Physical Planner for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: Urban and Regional Planning , Urban Planning or Town Planning from a recognized institution;
- Be a corporate member of Kenya institute of planners of architectural association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter);
- Be register by the physical planners registration board;
- Have a certificate in Senior Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have a certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Have demonstrated merit and shown ability as reflected in work performance and results.
An officer at this level will be responsible for the following duties:
- Initiating, preparing and monitoring the implementation of county and local physical development plans;
- Preparing action plans for specific projects such as residential housing schemes, shopping centers, industrial estates and recreational facilities providing advice to government and private agencies on development proposal and plans;
- Implementing and providing feedback on physical planning guidelines and standards;
- Undertaking thematic regional studies on matters relating to physical planning;
- Managing physical planning data;
- Setting agenda and convening physical planning liaison committee meeting;
- Keeping record of deliberations and communicating decisions of the physical planning liaison committee;
- Providing advice on development control;
- Carrying out public education on physical planning matters; and
- Preparing annual state of physical planning reports on county and local physical development plans.
How to Apply
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- Copies of clearance certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Criminal Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti — Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional bodies.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Lamu County Public Service Board
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 21st November, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply