Job Group ‘H’
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
The Lamu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per Sections 59 of the County Governments Act.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Diploma / Higher Diploma in any of the following areas: Cartography, Geo-informatics, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
An officer at this level will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop, maintain and update GIS data; 2. Coordinate and update cadastral information;
- Create maps, graphs and diagrams using GIS data into existing maps and plans; 4. Will be involved in planning exercises to develop base maps, maps and land use plans;
- Gather, analyze and integrate spatial data for planning purposes;
- Compile geographical data from a variety of sources including census, field observation & picking, satellite imagery, aerial photography and existing maps;
- Prepare digital maps through digitization existing map records;
- Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, plotter, printer and GPS;
- Store and retrieve maps;
- Undertake other such duties as may be required.
How to Apply
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- Copies of clearance certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Criminal Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti — Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional bodies.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Lamu County Public Service Board
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 21st November, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply