Physical Planning & Urban Development Jobs, Actuarial Science Jobs, County Government Jobs In Kenya, Lamu County Jobs
Job Group ‘R’
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Have served in the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Physical Planning for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Urban Regional Planning, Urban Planning or Town Planning from a recognized institution;
- Have a Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning, Regional Planning or Town Planning from a recognized institution;
- Be a corporate member of Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter);
- Be registered by the Physical Planners Registration Board;
- Have a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) lasting not less than six weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have a certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Have proven administrative ability and professional competence necessary for the effective performance of work at this level; and
- Demonstrate managerial and professional competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national policies, goals, objectives and ability to relate them to the Physical Planning function.
An officer at this level will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinating key result areas such as planning and management LAPSSET, new towns planning and implementation, Urban areas planning and implementation County planning, inter-county (regional) planning, development control;
- Overseeing the formulation of physical planning manuals, standards and guidelines;
- Coordinating research on matters relating to strategic projects and programs ,human settlement patterns ,urbanization patterns ,urban sprawl and emerging methodologies ,issues and trends;
- Formulating strategies for public education;
- Overseeing the preparation of annual status of physical planning reports; and
- Monitoring and Evaluating projects and programs at County;
How to Apply
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- Copies of clearance certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Criminal Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti — Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional bodies.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Lamu County Public Service Board
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 21st November, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply