Have you been applying for jobs but never hearing back from the employers? Chances are your CV is to blame. Granted your CV alone won’t get you the job, but it will get you an interview which will bring you closer to getting your dream job.
However, that is only if your CV does a good job of portraying you as the perfect candidate for the job you are applying for.
Here is a sample of a well written entry level CV
READ ALSO >>> Here Is The Worst Thing You Could Ever Do To Your CV
P.O. Box 12345-00200 Nairobi (Kenya)
Tel: +254 700 000 000
CAREER PROFILE SUMMARY
As a reliable procurement professional with a track record of upholding credibility and honesty in the procurement process and handling administrative roles effectively, I am keen on growing in my career as I pursue ventures that will see me achieve my career potential. Aside from this, I am also good in customer relations having successfully interacted with clients and met their expectations. My competences lie in procurement, supply planning and management, customer relations, administration and office management. I am seeking a position where my skills and experience will be utilized in ensuring the smooth running of office operations.
- Bachelors of Business Administration (Procurement)- UVW University ; 2013 to 2018
- Diploma in Business Administration- GHC College; 2011 – 2012
- Certificate in Computer Packages- Computer College; 2011
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education- ABC Sec School; 2007-2010
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES ACQUIRED
- Procurement and Sourcing: Acquired knowledge on how to source for cost effective suppliers hence save on cost, preparation of tender and quotation documents. Ability to examine suppliers before signing them up to ensure they meet organization’s needs.
- Supply Planning/Inventory Management: Competent in ensuring timely sourcing and delivery of goods from suppliers, preparing of detailed quotations and LPOs and making sure that the tendering process is accurate and efficient.
- Relationship management: Skilled in interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key stakeholders such as suppliers.
- Office Management- Acquired skills in general office administration duties; interacting with clients, processing and filing correspondence, reports and other materials and developing and archiving and record keeping systems.
- Customer Management: Expert in customer relations having successfully resolved customer complaints by identifying problems and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Stock Management: Experienced in initiating purchase requisition for the replacement of stock of regular stores items and checking the book balances with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals.
- Negotiation skills: I am knowledgeable on how to effectively approach negotiations ensuring that the organization and the suppliers agree on the best terms of service and in the long run improving cost saving.
- ICT Competence: I am well versed with MS suite such as Word and Excel. I am also proficient in using the internet and emails.
Online Marketer and Office Administration
XYZ Limited; February 2018 to date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell via online platforms e.g Jumia ,facebook, Instagram, sky garden e.t.c
- Stock taking
- Customer service ie attend to customers queries answer questions and advise them on how to about with our products.
- Interact with customer on phone engage them in chats etc.
- Do activations to create product awareness.
Operations Management (Internship)
ECD Medical Center; 2012 to 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
- Established and maintained an active Supply chain network between the suppliers and the company.
- Provided continuity in acquisition of company’s raw materials and assets for easy contextual analysis of the business and this is done through; daily, weekly and bi-weekly reports from the procurement office.
- Facilitated negotiations between suppliers, middlemen and the company so as to come up with the best decision that meets the business purpose.
- Assisted in developing networks both locally and internationally.
ECD Medical Center
Tel: +254 720000000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or James@gmail.com
Head of Department
P.O.Box 22234-00100, Nairobi
Tel: +254 700 333 333
Head of Department
P.O. BOX 48400-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 020 0000000 or +254 711 111 111
SEE ALSO >>> Sections You Need To Remove From Your CV Immediately!
You don’t want to be sending in applications for jobs and never hearing back from the employers in 2019.
Sadly, this will continue to happen unless you improve your CV. Employers receive hundreds of applications and it is very hard to stand out especially since everyone else applying is just as qualified as you.
Have your CV reviewed and written by a professional with insider knowledge on what employers are looking for by contacting email@example.com