Production Officer Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, County Government Jobs, Livestock Production officer Jobs, Kakamega County Jobs
Livestock Production Officer Job at the County Government of Kakamega
Job Group ‘K’ (6 POSTS)
This is the entry and training grade for Degree holders. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
- Preparing livestock technical information;
- Providing technical advice in animal production, livestock marketing, apiculture;
- Promoting economic livestock farming;
- Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits;
- Participating in collaborative research activities;
- Collecting livestock inputs and products samples for analysis;
- Disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of Livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis, on-farm feed formulation;
- Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, mating programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging Livestock Programmes and other animal husbandry practices;
- Capturing, maintaining and storing livestock data.
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, candidates must:-
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Animal Science, Animal Production, Dairy Technology from a recognized University; and
- Have a Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution.
- Meet the requirements of Articles 10, 232 and Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Note: Applicants for the above positions are required to get clearance from the underlisted organisations to meet requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the application documents.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor on or before 2nd January, 2019.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with Disabilities and Women are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.