Livestock Production officer J.G ‘K’ Job at the County Government of Siaya (2 positions)
Terms of Service: – Permanent and Pensionable
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- preparing livestock technical information;
- providing technical advice in livestock production, marketing and apiculture;
- promoting economic livestock farming, promoting economic livestock farming;
- participate in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits;
- participating in collaborative research activities;
- disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis, on-farm feed formulation;
- implementing livestock production programs / projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging livestock and other interventions, and capturing, maintaining and storing livestock data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Food Science and Technology, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on email@example.com
So as to reach the Board on or before Friday, 21st December 2018 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer.
- Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvassing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED