JOB GROUP “S”
Each Chief Officer will be in charge of one of the following departments:
- Information, Communication & Technology.
- Technical and Vocational Training.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution in Kenya. Possession of a master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, 5 of which should be in a senior/managerial position in a large organization;
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of County development objectives of vision 2030;
- Be a strategic thinker and results-oriented;
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the National, Values and Principles of Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010; and
- Be Computer literate.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- The Chief Officer will be the authorized officer and accounting officer in the specific department and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member.
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As per the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
How To Apply
Interested applicants should download the respective job application forms from the county’s official website using this link vihiga.go.ke/career.html
Fill and submit one hard copy for the best vacancy of interest in a sealed envelope to the office of the Secretary/CEO of the County Public Service Board. Remember to indicate the position applied on top of the envelope and drop it in the Governor’s Building, Ground Floor Room 03.
Deadline for the applications is 31st January,2019 by 5.00pm.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 880-50300,
County Government of Vihiga is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing, giving or accepting bribes will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution. Only shortlisted
Candidates will be notified.